Technically, there are two edition of Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Yukata version. The first edition was released during the 39’s CARAVAN Hakkeijima event back then on September 2012, while the other one was sold through web pre-order and scheduled for this month’s release.
Note: This review is written based on the event edition of Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Yukata version.
The original artwork for this Yukata Miku is illustrated by PuchiDevil [ぷちでびる]. The unique double-sided high buns hairstyle combined with a cute Yukata are the main interesting points of this version of Hatsune Miku.
Well then, let’s see how the Nendoroid fared against the original illustration.
Parts and Accessories
Here is the listing of the parts and accessories included in the package:
- Three faceplates (one is attached)
- Two left arms (one is attached)
- Two right arms (one is attached)
- One additional right hand holding a small bag
- Two fans (big and small)
Photo Gallery: Default Pose
The lovely optional expressions:
Too cute! \(≧∇≦)/
The twin hairbuns are simply too adorable. In fact, that is one of the main interest point of this Nendoroid … for me, at least. (￣▽￣)
This small-sized fan is used as an accessory to be put on Miku’s back. Doesn’t it look really cute?
In my own personal opinion, all of those features are really close enough to the original artwork as well. Look at the details of the pattern on the yukata and the fans – they are incredibly detailed and neatly reproduced in Nendoroid form!
Photo Gallery: Playtime!
Rin-san is introducing Yukata Miku-san to the others:
Swapping head with Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Family Mart version:
Don’t they look cute there? \(≧∇≦)/
Wow, she looks very adorable in that outfit! \(≧∇≦)/
Psst … the little Petite HMO-chan should be getting a review shortly! ヽ(´▽`)/
Score and Conclusion
These are my personal score for Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Yukata version:
- Design: 9 / 10 – Her outfit and hairstyle design look refreshing compared to the usual twin-tailed Miku, not to mention that they are adorable as well!
- Expression: 9 / 10 – Her embarrassed and chibi face are overloaded with cuteness. Now if only they replaced the normal/standard face with something else, it would be perfect!
- Playability: 8 / 10 – Lack of twintails means that we will not be able to get her to stand without the stand base, although it is hardly a deal-breaker.
- Price: 8 / 10 – I have no idea about the quality of the web pre-order version, but if it has the same feel and quality as the event version, then this Nendoroid is quite decently priced at 3000 Yen.
Well, Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Yukata version is a cute and refreshing Nendoroid with her twin-buns hairstyle replacing the usual twin-tails. Add it into the mix of lovely outfit and accessories, including a decent pricing and I can safely conclude that you will get a nice Nendoroid package here. 😄
Thank you to StephenAQ for lending me the Nendoroid so that I can do this review. The review will be updated once I get my hands-on the web pre-order version later this month.
So … what do you think, Nendonesian? How many of you are anticipating this Nendoroid?
Oh … and have you seen this custom Nendoroid Yukata Miku and her companion summer playset?
Anyway, please excuse me for a moment as I have to search for Super Sonico-san there … ヽ(*ﾟдﾟ)ノ