In order to celebrate Nendonesia’s 1st Anniversary, Nendonesia and rendoroid-shoppe are holding a photo contest, dubbed Nendonesia Photo Contest #2.
Unlike the first photocon, you may only use mobile phone camera to capture Nendo-photo to be submitted for the contest. (D)SLR and pocket camera usage is not allowed.
Besides, this photocon is now open for international Nendonesian – though you might want to check the Terms & Conditions before participating. Anyway, we also have a theme applied for this contest: Spreading Nendo-love to everyone! which is Nendonesia’s official tagline. ^^
Interested to join the contest? Kindly scroll past the break to view further details. ^^
UPDATE 1: Minimum camera resolution restriction has been lifted (see Rules); Further explanation about the Theme has been added.
UPDATE 2: Photo of Nendonesia merchandise set prize and FAQs section has been added.
UPDATE 3: Submission period has been extended to July 31, 23:59.
The theme for this photocon is Spreading Nendo-love to everyone! What does it mean? Well, we give you the freedom to interpret the meaning. Generally speaking though, the phrase means something like the following:
- We have to love each other.
- Love is one of the most important thing in life.
- I think Nendoroid is lovely; do you think so too?
Well, if you have another interpretation, feel free to express it through your photo. Make sure that your photo could deliver the meaning clearly. ^^
Our previous PhotoCon judges are back … and now we also have several guest judges as well! Here is the complete list of the judges:
- Shiddo: moderator of MyFigureCollection/TsukiBoard
- Singer_Yuna: owner/webmaster of Nendoroid.es
- Dorothee: owner/webmaster of Nendoroid.fr
The prize is one Nendonesia Merchandise Set and one Nendoroid for a grand winner and a runner-up. We will announce which prize goes to the grand winner and which one goes to the runner-up soon. ^^
- Photo submission for the Contest will start from July 4, 2011 00:01 AM (GMT+7) until July 31, 2011 23:59 PM (GMT+7).
- Participants shall submit their entries within the aforementioned date. Early and late submission will result in disqualifications.
- Participants may only use mobile phone camera with a recommended minimum of 3 MP resolution to capture the photo. Lower resolution camera is acceptable, but your photo might be put on risk of being scored low due to its quality.
- (D)SLR and consumer pocket camera is not allowed.
- Photo’s EXIF data should be retained, as it will be used to analyze the photo origin. If your photo does not have EXIF data (or contains suspicious EXIF data), it could be deemed as invalid entry, and therefore it would be disqualified.
- Participants shall submit his/her own photos.
- Any photo resolution is fine but the file size is limited to 500KB.
- Usage of photo-editing apps for adjusting brightness/contrast, sharpening, cropping, and resizing are fine, but any other usage, including effects creation are strictly prohibited.
- The photos must only contain regular Nendoroid and/or Petits, no other figures/figurines should be seen in the photos. The usage of any objects/properties (tables, beds, etc) and natural environment (river, rocks, roads) are allowed.
- Watermark is fine, as long as it is put on the corner of the photo.
- Entry is limited to one photo per Participant.
- In order to prevent copyright issue, Participants may not submit his/her works that has been submitted into another photo contests prior to this contest.
Terms and Conditions
- This Contest is organized and promoted by Nendonesia and rendoroid-shoppe. Nendonesia reserves the right to amend the Rules and Terms & Conditions without any prior notice to all Participants. By participating in this Contest, Participants shall be deemed to have agreed to and accepted these Terms.
- The contest is open for international residents.
- Shipping charge may apply for winners who live outside Indonesia.
- Participants shall submit their details properly during submission of their entry. Nendonesia reserves the right to reject and/or disqualify any incomplete, improper, or late entries without disclosing or providing any reason whatsoever. Participants are allowed to submit only once.
- Winners will be notified by given email addresses and verified within 14 working days after the closing date of the Contest. If the winners cannot be contacted from the details supplied, then the prize will be deemed forfeited, and Nendonesia may select another winners from all remaining entries at its discretion. Non-compliance of these Terms and Conditions and any other requirements communicated by Nendonesia to Participants may result in disqualification of the Participants and selection of alternate winners at Nendonesia’s sole discretion.
- Nendonesia is granted permission of any usage of Participants’ photo submission.
- Compose an email message with following content: (see Example)
Subject: Nendonesia PhotoCon 2 – Photo Title by Username
– Complete name
– Postal code
– Contact number (mobile phone or home phone)
– Phone model
– Photo title
– Photo comment
Example: Email sample
Note: Valid name, address, and contact number are solely used for prize shipping.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your image/photo attached during the submission date and time: 2011/07/04 00:01 – 2011/07/31 23:59.
- See Rules and FAQs for more information regarding valid submission criteria.
Well, isn’t it easy? ^^
- So 3MP is the minimum camera resolution allowed, eh?
No, 3MP is recommended minimum phone camera resolution. You may submit photo captured with less or more than 3MP phone camera.
- What is EXIF data?
It is a standard that specifies metadata tags to be recorded into image files produced by digital cameras. The metadata includes date-time info, camera settings (model, orientation, aperture, ISO speed, etc.) as well as several other info.
- The photos taken with my phone camera do not have EXIF data! What should I do?
You may still submit it, and we will check for its eligibility later. If it is considered a valid entry, then we will include your entry into the scoring phase. If it is not, well, your entry will be disqualified.
- Are we allowed to submit photo containing more than one Nendoroid?
Yes. You can even put some Petits into the scene as well. The number of Nendoroid and/or Petit do not matter.
- How about a photo with Re-Ment or other kind of miniatures or mini properties?
You are allowed to submit photo containing properties, as long as they are not taken from figures other than Nendoroid or Petits.
- Are (partially or completely) customized Nendoroid valid to be submitted?
Yes, as long as they are not taken from (a) bootleg Nendoroid or (b) other figures.
- How do international winners pay for the shipping charge?
The shipping fee will be paid via PayPal. We will give the detail to the winners later on. ^^
That’s it! May the best photo win the contest! ^^
If you have any questions, kindly post it to the comment section below. ^^
hummm can you explain me more about “Spreading Nendo-love to everyone!”? not really catch the meaning thoroughly ^^ it’ll help me alot
Simply put, your Nendoroid photo should express that “we should love each other”. It doesn’t neccessarily refer to “love” in romantic way, but it is OK either way.
People who look at your photo should be able to catch that impression right away. Photo title and photo comment could help your intent in the photo, although it would be better if they could understand your photo without looking on the captions. ^^
err…..3mp mobile phone cam….
is 2048*1056 = 3mp ??
If you refer to 2048 x 1560, then yes, it is a 3MP camera. ^^
The photos must only contain regular Nendoroid and/or Petits,
no other figures/figurines should be seen in the photos. The usage of
any objects/properties (tables, beds, etc) and natural environment
(river, rocks, roads) are allowed.
limited to one nendoroid and petit nendoroid or?
Any number of Nendoroid and/or Petit is fine. ^^
rement ‘n’ orcara like thingy is fine right ??
Yes, those kind of props are allowed. ^^
[…] Did you know that we hold a PhotoCon to celebrate this milestone?^^ Related Posts:Nendonesia Photo Contest #2Featured Gallery – […]
spreading nendo-love to everyone..
sounds simple yet so complicated..
does it mean we have to make other people love nendoroids or what? 0_0′
I will amend the post to explain the theme more clearly. Stay tuned. ^^
Aha! Since it’s international, I suggest you also announce it in our DeviantART group in the form of a journal. We have quite a lot of members already in there. ^^
The contest announcement has been posted there. ^^
Can you explain more about EXIF file and where to find it in our mobile phone? Thanks
The easiest way to check whether your photo contains EXIF data is: (under Windows 7)
1. Copy it into your PC/laptop
2. Right click on the file
3. Choose “Properties” -> “Details”
4. See “Camera” section there
Kindly visit http://www.digicamhelp.com/glossary/exif-data/ for more info regarding EXIF data. ^^
um i dont have 3 mp mobile camera…
please lower it to 2 mp or make (D)SLR allowed
We could not allow (D)SLR for this contest.
Regarding the minimum resolution for the mobile phone camera, we will
consider it and announce it soon. Stay tuned. ^^
Are we allowed to have people in our picture?
Yes, it is OK to have people in your photo. ^^
1) Can i repost this in my blog as well? ^^
2) Are we allowed to use customized nendoroids or use parts made by us?
3) Is the photo size strictly 500kb?
Congrats on the anniversary
1. Of course! Feel free to repost it on your blog. ^^
2. Yes, as long as the customized Nendoroid doesn’t use any bootleg Nendoroid’s parts. Self-made parts is OK.
3. It is the maximum allowed file size. If you find that your photo’s file size exceeds 500KB, kindly resize it to < 500KB.
Thanks for the greeting! ^^
Sorry for the not answering earlier. Here you go:
2. Yes, as long as the parts are not taken from (a) other figures or (b) bootleg Nendoroid.
3. 500KB is the maximum file size allowed.
4. Yes, iPod Touch is usable.
Thanks for the greetings! ^^
I have an idea… but I don’t think it’s possible.
[…] site at http://www.nendonesia.com or if you just want to check the rules in their site and ask questions, just click here instead. Do visit their site as it contains loads of info if you’re a nendoroid collector yourself, or […]
my photo dont have an EXIF data.. what should i do??? can i still join?? (im using a phone camera orz)
Can I use a custom dress (made of cloth) for my nendoroid?
Yes, you could use a custom outfit for your Nendoroid.
“Shipping charge may apply for winners who live outside Indonesia”
So if the winner resides outside Indonesia, how would he or she pay for shipping charges?
The shipping charge payment will be done via PayPal. ^^
can i adjust the contrast or only brightness and sharpness?
Contrast adjustment is OK. Forgot to add that one to the Rules. ^^;
wait for me.. hahahahaha…..
I have question.. Do I need to be a member of the main site/have an account at the forum in order to be qualified? what if I’m only a member through facebook page can I still join? Thank you
No, you don’t have to be a member.
Simply grab one or more Nendoroid/Petit and snap a photo with your
phone camera and submit it. Isn’t it easy? (￣▽￣)
Alright . Thank you 🙂
The irony is that the pictures above were taken by a DSLR.
What if its 5 mp? Is it fine ???
3MP phone camera is the minimun recommended, but you may use any other resolution is fine.
How to submit our work ? Im a little confused ==;
Simply email your photo to: nendonesia[at]gmail[dot]com with the subject “Nendonesia PhotoCon 2 – Photo Title by Username” and the following text in the body:
– Complete name
– Postal code
– Contact number (mobile phone or home phone)
– Phone model
– Photo title
– Photo comment
See this email example: http://i.min.us/ibi3aK.jpg
[…] we want to say thank you for your participation in Nendonesia Photo Contest #2. We have received many entries internationally, despite all of the restriction in the submission. […]
[…] think I have posted teasers of her several times previously, be it online or offline. Well, the curtain is finally off today … here it is: Custom Nendoroid Zatsune […]
[…] we would like to apologize for the delay of the Nendonesia PhotoCon #2‘s finalists announcement. It was initially planned for Monday, and then got pushed into […]
miku love miku love miku love
[…] have concluded the scoring phase for Final Round of Nendonesia Photo Contest #2. Therefore, we have updated the Gallery page with the entries from this photocon. You might also […]