In order to celebrate Nendonesia’s 1st Anniversary, Nendonesia and rendoroid-shoppe are holding a photo contest, dubbed Nendonesia Photo Contest #2.
Unlike the first photocon, you may only use mobile phone camera to capture Nendo-photo to be submitted for the contest. (D)SLR and pocket camera usage is not allowed.
Besides, this photocon is now open for international Nendonesian – though you might want to check the Terms & Conditions before participating. Anyway, we also have a theme applied for this contest: Spreading Nendo-love to everyone! which is Nendonesia’s official tagline. ^^
Interested to join the contest? Kindly scroll past the break to view further details. ^^
UPDATE 1: Minimum camera resolution restriction has been lifted (see Rules); Further explanation about the Theme has been added.
UPDATE 2: Photo of Nendonesia merchandise set prize and FAQs section has been added.
UPDATE 3: Submission period has been extended to July 31, 23:59.
The theme for this photocon is Spreading Nendo-love to everyone! What does it mean? Well, we give you the freedom to interpret the meaning. Generally speaking though, the phrase means something like the following:
- We have to love each other.
- Love is one of the most important thing in life.
- I think Nendoroid is lovely; do you think so too?
Well, if you have another interpretation, feel free to express it through your photo. Make sure that your photo could deliver the meaning clearly. ^^
Our previous PhotoCon judges are back … and now we also have several guest judges as well! Here is the complete list of the judges:
- Shiddo: moderator of MyFigureCollection/TsukiBoard
- Singer_Yuna: owner/webmaster of Nendoroid.es
- Dorothee: owner/webmaster of Nendoroid.fr
The prize is one Nendonesia Merchandise Set and one Nendoroid for a grand winner and a runner-up. We will announce which prize goes to the grand winner and which one goes to the runner-up soon. ^^
- Photo submission for the Contest will start from July 4, 2011 00:01 AM (GMT+7) until July 31, 2011 23:59 PM (GMT+7).
- Participants shall submit their entries within the aforementioned date. Early and late submission will result in disqualifications.
- Participants may only use mobile phone camera with a recommended minimum of 3 MP resolution to capture the photo. Lower resolution camera is acceptable, but your photo might be put on risk of being scored low due to its quality.
- (D)SLR and consumer pocket camera is not allowed.
- Photo’s EXIF data should be retained, as it will be used to analyze the photo origin. If your photo does not have EXIF data (or contains suspicious EXIF data), it could be deemed as invalid entry, and therefore it would be disqualified.
- Participants shall submit his/her own photos.
- Any photo resolution is fine but the file size is limited to 500KB.
- Usage of photo-editing apps for adjusting brightness/contrast, sharpening, cropping, and resizing are fine, but any other usage, including effects creation are strictly prohibited.
- The photos must only contain regular Nendoroid and/or Petits, no other figures/figurines should be seen in the photos. The usage of any objects/properties (tables, beds, etc) and natural environment (river, rocks, roads) are allowed.
- Watermark is fine, as long as it is put on the corner of the photo.
- Entry is limited to one photo per Participant.
- In order to prevent copyright issue, Participants may not submit his/her works that has been submitted into another photo contests prior to this contest.
Terms and Conditions
- This Contest is organized and promoted by Nendonesia and rendoroid-shoppe. Nendonesia reserves the right to amend the Rules and Terms & Conditions without any prior notice to all Participants. By participating in this Contest, Participants shall be deemed to have agreed to and accepted these Terms.
- The contest is open for international residents.
- Shipping charge may apply for winners who live outside Indonesia.
- Participants shall submit their details properly during submission of their entry. Nendonesia reserves the right to reject and/or disqualify any incomplete, improper, or late entries without disclosing or providing any reason whatsoever. Participants are allowed to submit only once.
- Winners will be notified by given email addresses and verified within 14 working days after the closing date of the Contest. If the winners cannot be contacted from the details supplied, then the prize will be deemed forfeited, and Nendonesia may select another winners from all remaining entries at its discretion. Non-compliance of these Terms and Conditions and any other requirements communicated by Nendonesia to Participants may result in disqualification of the Participants and selection of alternate winners at Nendonesia’s sole discretion.
- Nendonesia is granted permission of any usage of Participants’ photo submission.
- Compose an email message with following content: (see Example)
Subject: Nendonesia PhotoCon 2 – Photo Title by Username
– Complete name
– Postal code
– Contact number (mobile phone or home phone)
– Phone model
– Photo title
– Photo comment
Example: Email sample
Note: Valid name, address, and contact number are solely used for prize shipping.
- Send it to email@example.com along with your image/photo attached during the submission date and time: 2011/07/04 00:01 – 2011/07/31 23:59.
- See Rules and FAQs for more information regarding valid submission criteria.
Well, isn’t it easy? ^^
- So 3MP is the minimum camera resolution allowed, eh?
No, 3MP is recommended minimum phone camera resolution. You may submit photo captured with less or more than 3MP phone camera.
- What is EXIF data?
It is a standard that specifies metadata tags to be recorded into image files produced by digital cameras. The metadata includes date-time info, camera settings (model, orientation, aperture, ISO speed, etc.) as well as several other info.
- The photos taken with my phone camera do not have EXIF data! What should I do?
You may still submit it, and we will check for its eligibility later. If it is considered a valid entry, then we will include your entry into the scoring phase. If it is not, well, your entry will be disqualified.
- Are we allowed to submit photo containing more than one Nendoroid?
Yes. You can even put some Petits into the scene as well. The number of Nendoroid and/or Petit do not matter.
- How about a photo with Re-Ment or other kind of miniatures or mini properties?
You are allowed to submit photo containing properties, as long as they are not taken from figures other than Nendoroid or Petits.
- Are (partially or completely) customized Nendoroid valid to be submitted?
Yes, as long as they are not taken from (a) bootleg Nendoroid or (b) other figures.
- How do international winners pay for the shipping charge?
The shipping fee will be paid via PayPal. We will give the detail to the winners later on. ^^
That’s it! May the best photo win the contest! ^^
If you have any questions, kindly post it to the comment section below. ^^