Bootleg vs Genuine: Nendoroid Hatsune Miku

Nendoroid Hatsune Miku - bootleg (left) and genuine (right)

Nendoroid Hatsune Miku - bootleg (left) and genuine (right)

By popular demand, we are going to start a new series of articles with the topic: Bootleg vs Genuine, where we will do a side-by-side comparison of bootleg and genuine version of a particular Nendoroid. ^^

For starter, we will compare bootleg and genuine version of Nendoroid Hatsune Miku., one of the most widespread bootleg Nendoroid. No, this is not the old/usual bootleg one in which you could easily recognize it simply by looking at her expression, as this pic show:

Genuine (left) vs bootleg/fake (right)

Genuine (left) vs bootleg/fake (right)

The one featured in this article is slightly different than the bootleg you see at the pic above. I guess it is a new bootleg variant of Nendoroid Hatsune Miku. (-_-“”)

Well then, let’s get into the comparison, shall we? ^^

Before I start with the comparison pics, allow me to explain our method. Well, in fact I do not own a bootleg Nendoroid Hatsune Miku. The one used in this article is owned by a Nendonesian named Greywind. Yes, all of the bootleg photos are credited to him. ^^

Anyway, since both of us could not meet each other for some reason, we agreed that Greywind would take a photos of the bootleg Miku first, then I would do the same with the genuine Miku, with some additional adjustments to the camera angle too. ^^

Well then, here you go:

Bootleg/fake: parts and accessories

Bootleg/fake: parts and accessories

Genuine: the face plates

Genuine: the face plates

Bootleg/fake: the face plates

Bootleg/fake: the face plates

Now we are going to compare the sculpting and painting details between the bootleg and genuine Nendoroid Hatsune Miku … side-by-side. ^^

Here you go:

Bootleg (left) vs genuine (right)

The last comparison pics of Miku’s boxes concludes our first Bootleg vs Genuine article. Summarizing the whole post, here are some general characteristics of Nendoroid Hatsune Miku’s bootleg:

• A lot of glossy area on the body and hair
  • Lousy painting and sculpting could be easily spotted
  • Stand base without proper copyright – only “made in China” is printed there

Hopefully this article could give you insight regarding the existence and characteristics of bootleg/fake Nendoroid Hatsune Miku. ^^

Well then, what do you think, Nendonesian? As usual, critics, comments, and suggestions are welcome. Thanks to Greywind for providing the pics of bootleg/fake Miku. ^^

Note: If you have a bootleg Nendoroid that you wanted to be made into a comparison article, kindly drop us a mail (nendonesia[at]gmail.com) along with some photos of it. If you have both the genuine and bootleg version of a particular Nendoroid, you could also contribute by sending us the comparison pics, and we will post it here to let other Nendonesian knows about its characteristics. ^^

Advertisements

21 comments on “Bootleg vs Genuine: Nendoroid Hatsune Miku

1. Peach says:

I realy love how you do these now!!!!!!!!! i secretely have been wanting nendonesia to do this for a while! i think i can send in some pics! my friend just got pretty well made bootlegs last week, nendoroid hatsune miku HMO edition, and nendoroid Konata Izumi (Comptique version)

• Anonymous says:

Glad that you like the post. ^^
      Well, we welcome any contributions from our reader, especially for helping
      us to compare bootleg and authentic Nendoroid. Looking forward to your pics
      of bootleg HMO and Konata, Peach! ^^
      ( kindly mail them to: nendonesia[at]gmail[dot]com )

2. […] we have already had a comparison between Nendoroid Hatsune Miku and her bootleg counterparts. For today’s post, I would like […]

3. nausicaaomhu says:

This was very useful, thank you!

I have wanted nendoroid for some time, and I was wondering, ‘How can you tell the difference between bootleg and genuine on the box?’. This applying when I receive one, so that if the product is a bootleg, I can send it back. Thank you!

4. […] Bootleg vs Genuine: Nendoroid Hatsune Miku – 2,826 views […]

5. In case you are overworked, you’ll commence to fall short at
    your task undoubtedly, therefore always remember that it’s far
    better set micro goals for every day instead of wanting to
    plan your itinerary days or months beforehand.

6. fast weight says:

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this brilliant
    blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog
    with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

7. Greate post. Keep writing such kind of information on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and in my opinion recommend to
    my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

8. Facebook has became (if it wasn’t from the start) a
    humongous waste of time and productiveness as all these legions of persons are glued to their again-lit screens of all
    descriptions, typing madly, when they might and must be doing
    one thing productive-meaning having some worth.
    Admittedly, I am ‘old-fashioned.’ However not like my generation who really knew rather more about know-how than our mother and father;
    my daughter would not know extra about expertise than I
    do as a result of I’ve made it my living over the past
    4 a long time and he or she hasn’t even been alive for that period of time.

Before I get into the really annoying aspects of FB that
    don’t handle my declare of its lack of productivity, let me hit the
    concept with an amazing whack that FB is totally and unequivocally unproductive.

9. Email address, specifying that just those that Like your page will be eligible
    for the contest.

10. zune video says:

What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you’re not really a lot more smartly-liked
    than you might be now. You’re very intelligent. You realize therefore
    considerably when it comes to this matter, produced me in my opinion believe it from a lot of numerous angles.
    Its like women and men are not fascinated except it’s something to do with Woman gaga!

Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always take care
    of it up!

11. Right here is the perfect blog for anyone who hopes to
    understand this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually
    will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject that’s been discussed for
    ages. Great stuff, just excellent!

12. The best tip when removing linoleum is to work in small
    sections. Most food dehydration experts agree that the horizontal air flow or box
    unit is the best. Because of the different raw materials, the price of them is too much different.

13. I think the admin of this website is in fact working hard in favor of his
    site, because here every information is quality based stuff.

14. solar power says:

With a view to warmth your house using photo voltaic energy, you might want to know the info on a passive and an active home.
    These two sorts of photo voltaic properties offer the house owner possibilities to pick from and your value of heating might probably be
    down.

15. phase two says:

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this post
    is amazing, great written and come with approximately all vital infos.
    I would like to see more posts like this .

16. Thanks to my father who shared with me on the topic of this
    web site, this blog is actually amazing.

17. kzoraidafveasey.wordpress.com says:

Yes! Finally someone writes about adobe pdf download.

18. Congratulations: Badhai, Mubarakbad (बधाई,
    मुबारकबाद).

Nothing much: Kuch khas nahi (कुछ खास नही).
    A last final reason for people who are trait lonely and yet looking for that
    special someone they cannot find, maybe due to the fact that they
    maybe unwilling to let down their defenses.