Here’s my first Nendo-review: Nendoroid 28d Hiiragi Kagami (Saitama Shimbun version). This Nendo is released to celebrate 65th anniversary of Saitama Shimbun (a daily newspaper in Saitama) and there are only 7,000 pieces available. I think I’m kinda lucky to get my hand on this limited Nendo. ^^;
If you see the numbering of this Nendo, there is a “d” added after the Nendo’s number; indicating several version released previously.
Yes, this one is the 4th version of Hiiragi Kagami Nendoroid, and the three previous releases are:
- Nendoroid 28a: Hiiragi Kagami (Comptiq version)
- Nendoroid 28b: Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky ☆ Star Official Website version)
- Nendoroid 28c: Hiiragi Kagami (Chara-Ani version)
I think this one is a renewal version of 28a, because it carries several parts from the Comptiq version.
OK, so let’s see what’s inside the box.
Opening the packaging reveals all the parts and accessories that come with Kagami-chan. Here they are:
- 3 face plates
- 2 pair of legs – standing (installed) and sitting
- 3 skirts – bunny tailed (installed), normal, and sitting
- 2 pair of ribbons – bunny band (installed) and normal
- 2 pair of palms and 1 special palm for holding the newspaper
- A chair
- A Nendoroid stand with 2 optional parts
- A blank plate (more about this later)
- A pair of newspaper stickers – one of them is used for spare (more about this later)
- Newspaper sticker manual
Well, the unique part is the newspaper set. We have to stick the newspaper sticker to the blank plate as instructed in the newspaper sticker manual. There is also one extra spare sticker if we do it incorrectly. ^^
It seems that Kagami-chan doesn’t like reading newspaper. At least she provided us some fan services there, didn’t she? Well, especially from this viewing angle. -^^-
I think Kagami-chan was not comfortable wearing the bunny cosplay stuff. ^^;
It comes with a decent amount of parts and accessories, and it’s tempting enough for you, Nendoroid collector to grab one, even if you’re no fan of Lucky Star series. If you are a fan of the series, then you should not miss this Nendoroid, especially if you missed the Comptiq version. Pair it up with Saitama Shimbun version of Konata-chan for more Nendo-Lucky-fun. ^^
Anyway, let’s arrange a meeting between Kagami-chan and her other self.
Haha … it seems like Kagami-chan(s) don’t like cosplaying. ^^